There is a list of a few questions you must ask yourself when looking to add an accent chair to your living room. Don’t worry; it doesn’t need to be complicated to match your furniture. Here are 5 simple questions you might ask yourself:
- Do your sofas have a design on them or do they have a solid color?
- Which color scheme are you using in your living room?
- Is there a common theme in your living room (florals, vintage, monochrome)?
- Which pattern would be the best match for your living room furniture?
- Where are you going to place your accent chair?
Based on these questions, you should be able to make a good choice. Now, little tips and advice to help you make a better choice:
- If your sofas have designs or patterns, you must choose a whole-colored chair (in a color that we can easily see in your sofa’s design). When your sofas are whole-colored, you can choose a design for your chair.
- Don’t choose a chair solely with the colors of your sofas; inspire yourself from all the elements in your living room.
- Follow the theme of the other furniture to keep harmony in the room. If you have a monochrome theme, for example, choose something black and white (with an accent of grey maybe) with lines and simple forms.
- Create a match with the accent pillows on your sofas (if you already have some) or add them to complete your style and make it harmonious.
- When you choose a place for your accent chair, keep in mind that this is used to enhance your living room. Most of the time, it looks better when it is in positioned in a different angle. See the following examples:
Content provided by: @tailbase